So, it’s another Wednesday. What can be said about Wednesday? Well, these excellent posts happened:
- Metacatholic posts on the new revision of the ESV. Folks here know that I’m an ESV fan, but Metacatholic raises some good points: “ESV — an Exceptionally Strange Version.”
- Biblebending has an amusing little post about biblical action figures going on sale at a number of Wal-Mart stores. I used to have a buddy Jesus (from the movie Dogma, pictured right) that watched my every move…but I’ve not seen him in a while. Must have been lost in the move. I miss the little guy!
- April DeConick has a list of “The Top 10 Recommendations for Books on Biblical Orality-Scribality.”
- Ben C. Smith of Thoughts on Antiquity continues his look at ancient canonical lists: “Canonical Lists, Part 8: The Canon of Athanasius.” You can read the introduction here.
- James Charlesworth has found a new manuscript of Genesis 32:3–7. Check it out here, here, and here.
- Christopher Heard continues his discussion of the Nabu-sharrussu-ukin tablet: “Does the Nabu-sharrussu-ukin tablet prove biblical ‘corruption’?”
- Chris Tilling is thinking about Creationism and evolution: “Creationism or evolution: a rant.”
Quite a day on the ol’ blogosphere! Back at it tomorrow…