A fresh batch of Round-Up linkiness:
- Old in the New: My Thesis: Pray for Reign: The Eschatological Elijah in James 5:17-18 – Pick up your steamin’ hot-off-the-presses PDF of James Darlack’s thesis right here!
- The Assembling of the Church: Seven Chosen to Serve – I always like a good close reading of a text that reveals our assumptions and makes them look a little silly. Thanks Alan!
- Ancient Hebrew Poetry: Authorship as a Hermeneutical Construct – Some might shy away from the phrase “hemeneutical construct.” But some may dare to read on!
- metalepsis: The Concept of Exile during the Second Temple Period: Part 2 Yesha en Sira – Metalepsis cites a couple of spots in Sirach that point to the concept of exile.
- Better Bibles Blog: 1 Cor.: the angels – Suzanne McCarthy continues her exploration of 1 Corinthians with the help of Gordon Fee. Interesting little reads.